Package upgrade fails with internal server error: Deploy failed on component type: ContentAsset
Last updated 2017-10-14 ·Reference W-3837186 ·Reported By 7 users
Some partners and customers may experience internal server error on package upgrade.
The error id varies in different cases, but support can find the error in log:
Deploy failed on component type: ContentAsset
1. In a DE org, create a managed package
2. In the DE org, enable lightning experience
3. Create a lightning app and upload an image as its logo
4. Add the lightning app to the managed package and upload v1.0 released
5. Create any other component and add to the managed package, upload v1.1 released
6. In an EE org, install package v1.0
7. Enable lightning experience in the EE org
8. Clear the app logo in lightning UI in EE org
9. Run a query to locate the ContentDocumentId of the logo:
SELECT Id,DeveloperName,ContentDocumentId,IsDeleted,NamespacePrefix FROM ContentAsset WHERE MasterLabel = 'logomasterlabel' (change the masterlabel to the correct value)
10. Go to the ContentDocumentId and delete it
11. Upgrade package v1.1 and it fails with ISE
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.