Einstein Analytics - Collapsed list widget powered by static step does not respond until user clicks "Update"
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-3763122 ·Reported By 3 users
A known issue is causing list widgets that meet the below criteria to fail to respond to user input until the "Update" button on that widget has been clicked.
Criteria for impacted list widget:
- In collapsed/compact form (1-2 rows tall)
- Has an explicit or implicit initial value (either "required" or has "start" value specified)
- Has "Update instantly" set to false
- Powered by a static step ("type": "staticflex)
The following list permutations have an initial value:
Any list with "Initial Filters" set in UI or "start" parameter defined in JSON.
"Single Selection (Required)"
"Multiple Selection (Required)"
Create a list widget that meets the above criteria.
In dashboard view, expand the list and attempt to select an option.
Note the lack of interaction.
Perform one of the following workarounds:
- Expand the list, click "Update". Expand the list, make selections as normal.
- Set "Update instantly" to true (either via UI checkbox or JSON parameter).
- Make the list widget slightly taller (3+ rows) to have it display in non-collapsed/compact form.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.