Email Recipients within the "Email Publisher" can autocomplete prior to completing the email address when using different language keyboards.
Last updated 2021-07-14 ·Reference W-3712208 ·Reported By 25 users
When user tries to type few characters using non-english language keyboard on 'To', 'CC' & 'BCC' fields within Classic UI Case Feed EmailPublisher action OR LEX UI Email QuickAction, the input is not accepted and word gets auto-completed in different browsers.
Some known Examples:
б - Russian ("," in English keyboard)
ת - Hebrew ("," in English keyboard)
ף - Hebrew (";" in English keyboard)
key (Shift + <) = Character (.) in French
key ; = Character (ж) in Russian
1) Open a Case feed and open the Email Publisher
2) Go to the 'To' address input
3) Enable the language chosen as a keyboard on your machine
4) Begin to type an email and then hit the key mentioned above to incorrectly complete the email address.
Example (Lightning, Russian): dboland, = вищдфтвб
Result: A new recipient is completed and added as "вищдфтв"
**Note: This may affect other keyboard with different combinations.
We consider an email address complete if you type a comma, semicolon, or hit Enter in the address box within Classic, and only a comma and Enter in Lightning.
- Copy and paste the email into the address box
- Start to type the address and find the correct email in the returned list
Reported By (25)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.