Sales Path UI treating picklist as required when no value is available
Last updated 2017-05-09 ·Reference W-3710846 ·Reported By 5 users
With Spring '17, the Sales Path UI is requiring dependent picklist fields even though the controlling field is not selected.
1. Create 2 record types for Opp: "record1" and "record2".
2. Go to your Opportunity field under setup.
3. Create a test checkbox field and picklist field.
4. Now create two picklist values, call them: "value for record1" (Set this to be only for "record1") and "value for record2" (Set this to be only for "record2").
5. Deactivate all other picklist values except the two created in step 4.
6. Edit the Opportunity page layout so that the picklist is required.
7. Set a field dependency for things created in step 3 with the checkbox controlling the picklist field. Unchecked for "value for record1" and Checked for "value for record2".
8. Create an opp and check the checkbox so that the picklist will be grey out when edit the opp. Then save the value.
9. Now switch to Lightning and open the opp.
10. Try to change the opp stage with sales path and check the warning message.
- Edit the stage using the "Edit" button instead of the Sales Path bar.
- Switch to Classic UI.
- Remove field dependency.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.