Feed Post not visible after User creates a record using a Quick Action if Process updates a field on the record
Last updated 12 days ago ·Reference W-2807070 ·Reported By 86 users
Feed Post not visible after User creates a record using a Quick Action if a Process/Workflow updates a field on the record.
1. Login as a System Admin and switch to Classic
2. Create a new process with the following details:
Choose Object and Specify When to Start the Process
Start the process: only when a record is created
Define Criteria for this Action Group
Criteria for Executing Actions: No criteria—just execute the actions!
Action Name: Update
Record to update: Record That started the process
Criteria for Updating Records: No criteria—just update the records!
Set new field values for the records you update:
4. Activate the Process
5. Navigate to the Opportunity tab
6. Select an Opportunity
7. Click the Edit Layout link and add the standard NewCase quick action to the layout if it's not already included and save the changes
8. Go to the Opportunities Feed and select the New Case action
9. Enter the required details and click Create
Case is created a, but no Feed Item is created
Case is created a Feed Item is created displaying information about the case
1. If you have All Related Objects selected under feed tracking for a particular object, when a quick action is invoked from said object's record, a feed item is always created, regardless of the status of Create Feed Item (Caveat: the page will not be auto-updated for feed-based layouts)
2. Disable Process Builder Process
Reported By (86)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.