Validation Rule Error Message not displayed in Lightning if Error Location is an Address field.
Last updated 2017-06-10 ·Reference W-3635523 ·Reported By 20 users
You may notice that error messages defined in your Validation Rules are not displayed to users when you set the Error Location to an Address field (e.g. Billing City).
1. Login as a System Admin on a Spring '17 org
2. Create a validation rule on the Account object with the following properties:
Error Condition Formula: true
Error Message: This is my custom error message!
Error Location: Field > Billing CIty
3. Edit all Account page layouts and add Billing Address to the layout
4. Switch to Lightning if not already on it
5. Go to the Accounts tab
6. Select an existing Account
7. Inline edit any field then save the changes
The error message from the validation rule is not shown below the address fields
You see the validation rule's error message below the address fields
You may want to consider setting the Error Location to "Top of Page" until the issue is resolved.
Reported By (20)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.