Package with duplicate rule installs failure: The input object must match the object type for the duplicate rule
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-3578212 ·Reported By 11 users
There is an issue when installing a package which contains a cross-object duplicate rule, the error appears in UI:
(CustomObject__c.Duplicate_Rule_name) The input object must match the object type for the duplicate rule.
1. In DE org A, create custom object customobject__c, with 3 custom fields: company__c(text); website(URL), lead(lookup to Lead)
2. In DE org A, create matching rule on Account: ((Account: NameFUZZY: COMPANY NAMEMatchBlank = FALSE) OR (Account: WebsiteEXACTMatchBlank = FALSE))
3. In DE org A, create duplicate rule on customobject__c object, using the above matching rule on account, map Account Name with Company__c, and match website with website__c
4. In DE org A, create an unmanaged package and add all earlier created components to it
5. In DE org A, upload the unmanaged package
6. Install above unmanaged package on subscriber org B, note install is successful
7. In DE org A, change the unmanaged package into managed, and upload a released version
8. Install this managed package in subscriber org C => install fails with the error
None at this point.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.