Page Layout Changes Not Displayed Unless Page is Refreshed in Lightning Experience
Last updated 2018-06-12 ·Reference W-3568779 ·Reported By 16 users
When fields are added or removed from a page layout, changes are not immediately visible on a record in Lightning Experience.
Lightning Experience and Salesforce Mobile cache layout metadata on the client for 15 minutes. Because Salesforce administrators don’t usually change page layouts during business hours, caching page layouts provides significant performance benefits. When a user requests a page, if the page layout is in the cache, the client doesn’t have to make a call to the server to get the information.
We don’t expect admins to make frequent changes to layouts during business hours in a production environment. However, we understand the inconvenience this presents to admins making changes in sandbox orgs who need to see the changes as they work. If you’re making layout changes in a sandbox, we recommend that you turn off caching and then turn it back on when you’re finished.
1. Open Lightning Experience.
2. From Setup, under Platform Tools, select Objects and Fields > Object Manager.
3. Click Account > Page Layouts.
4. Edit a test Account page layout. Add a field or remove a field and click Save.
5. Open an Account record in Lightning Experience.
Results—the record does not reflect the change you made to the page layout.
Expected—the record does reflect the change you made to the page layout.
To control caching in the Salesforce mobile app:
1. From Setup, under Platform Tools, select Apps > Mobile Apps > Salesforce > Salesforce Offline.
2. Select or deselect Enable caching in Salesforce for Android and iOS
To control caching in Lightning Experience:
1. From Setup, under Settings, select Security > Session Settings > Caching.
2. Select or deselect Enable secure and persistent browser caching to improve performance
Workaround updated June 12, 2018
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.