Lightning Experience : If view is overridden by VF, some buttons on Related Lists open new window(tab) unexpectedly
Last updated 2017-10-14 ·Reference W-3015618 ·Reported By 7 users
If the view page is overridden by a Visualforce page, some buttons on Related Lists open new window(tab) unexpectedly.
1. Create the following Visualforce page :
- Use <apex:relatedList> to display standard related lists on the above page.
2. Override "View" page of Account by the above Visualforce page
3. Switch to Lightning Experience
4. Navigate to an existing Account
5. Click on the following buttons :
"Merge Contacts" button on Contacts relates list
"Attach File" button on "Notes & Attachments" related list
Mail Merge" button and "Send an Email" button on Activity History relates list
Approve/Reject link the the approval history related list.
- You will see a new window(tab) is opened. This is unexpected.
Switch to salesforce classic.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.