LEX dashboards shows incorrect total in pie chart when multiple groupings are present in report
Last updated 2021-04-06 ·Reference W-3355102 ·Reported By 2 users
When a report has 2 or more groupings, such that there are duplicate record names across groups, the total is incorrect in LEX but shows correctly in aloha.
1. In aloha, create 2 new products, Prod1 and Prod2.
2. Keep their list price the same, eg USD 1000
3.Create a new Price book object, and keep the standard price of product (checkbox).
4. Add the 2 above created products to the new price book.
5. Create 2 new opportunities, Opp1 and Opp2.
6. Add both products(Prod1 and Prod2) to both the opportunities (Opp1 and Opp2).
7. In aloha, create a new report of type (Opportunities with Products)
8. Show all opportunities
9. Insert "Opportunity Name" as the first level grouping
Insert "Product Name" as the second level grouping
10. Make sure you have Opportunity amount column showing on the report, and sum on this column
11. Save and run the report
12. Create a new dashboard and insert this report as a pie chart component, where each wedge is the product name and and its share represents the total opp amnt
13. If you used the above specified value of 1000 USD, then aloha dash will show total of 4k, while LEX dash will show total of 8k
Try to identify where the data is being duplicated and when the duplicate rows are identified, take apart the summation column into the derivative values.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.