Outlook Integration - Inbox login issue - "We encountered a problem. For help, contact your administrator."
Last updated 2020-07-18 ·Reference W-7721880 ·Reported By 11 users
Some users are unable to successfully connect to the Inbox features using Outlook Integration. When entering their Exchange credentials during Inbox login flow, they get "We encountered a problem. For help, contact your administrator." error.
The Outlook add-in is not properly url-encoding the POST params (credentials) when making the API call to connect Exchange.
1. Launch Outlook Integration app. in Outlook desktop client or OWA
2. Enter Salesforce credentials
3. Connect Salesforce user account with Outlook email account
4. Select Exchange server option to login to Inbox
5. Observe "We encountered a problem. For help, contact your administrator." error
First, connect to Inbox using "Connected Accounts" in Salesforce.
Then login to Outlook Integration.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.