Recalculating CBS rules on Contact entity removes rule shares from contacts owned by Guest users if "Secure Guest User record access" is enabled
Last updated 2021-05-06 ·Reference W-7689595 ·Reported By 4 users
Recalculating CBS (Criteria-Based Sharing) rules on Contact entity removes rule shares from contacts owned by Guest users if "Secure Guest User record access" is enabled.
Other entities may have the same problem.
1. Go to Communities Settings from Setup
2. Disable “Assign new records created by guest users to the default owner”
3. Go to Sharing Settings from Setup
4. Edit OWD (Organization-Wide Defaults)
5. Set Private on Contact and enable "Secure Guest User record access" (if not yet enabled)
6. Create CBS rules on Contact
7. Create a contact record as a Guest user (or change owner of the contact record to the Guest user). Make sure that the record will satisfy the condition of the rule created above.
8. Go to Sharing Settings from Setup
9. Check that rule share is created
10. Recalculate Contact sharing rules
11. Confirm that the rule share is gone
None. However, If updating the affected record, the rule share is created.
If enable "Assign new records created by guest users to the default owner", guest users have no longer own new records.
Also, we are planning to enforce the "Assign new records created by guest users to the default owner" feature in Winter '21. For existing records, we strongly recommend customers to change the owner from guest to another user.
For details, refer to Release Update 'Assign Records Created by Guest Users to a Default Owner' from Setup.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.