Chat Transcript stuck in a status of "In Progress"
Last updated 3 days ago ·Reference W-7483363 ·Reported By 44 users
If in-line editing is available in a transcript list view that contains the Status field, users can change the status of transcripts to In Progress directly, or may indirectly change it if the list view contains outdated data for the status field of an ended chat and the user is editing a different field. Changing this field via other UI methods is prevented, and once the transcript is changed to In Progress, it cannot be changed to another status by any other means.
Note: There are other ways in which transcripts can become stuck with a status of "In Progress" or "Waiting" that have been identified. There may also be additional unidentified causes of this behavior as well. These additional identified causes can be found in the Known Issue links below for reference
1. Set up an org with Chat (formerly Live Agent) and Omni-Channel
2. Set up a test chat button with Omni Queue-Based routing
3. Create an agent that can receive chats from the newly created chat button
4. Create a list view in Lightning Console for transcripts that includes a field that can be edited
- (Note: If record types exist for the transcript object in-line editing may not be available)
5. Log the agent into an available status using the Omni-Channel widget
6. Submit and accept a test chat and then end the chat
7. Refresh the list view to show the new transcript
8. Double click the status field for that transcript in the list view and change it to "In Progress", then click Save
9. The transcript is now in a status of "In Progress" and cannot be changed back
Ensure list view edits don't allow changing the status field by removing the Status field from list views, or by disabling in-line editing in transcript list views.
Reported By (44)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.