Contact shares not inserted during person account owner change
Last updated 2021-10-12 ·Reference W-7185250 ·Reported By 7 users
When a person account’s owner is changed to a user with particular role settings, the corresponding contact share is missing.
- Actual Result
Implicit Person contact share is not inserted.
- Expected Result
Contact share should be inserted correctly.
1. Enable person accounts for the org.
2. Create a role with Contact Access setting as "Users in this role cannot access contacts that they do not own that are associated with accounts that they do own".
3. Create a Standard user or a platform user and assign the role created.
4. Create a person account as admin user. In workbench, query contact share table and a record is created with row cause Implicit Person.
5. Navigate to the person account and change the owner of the account to the user created in step 3.
6. Query workbench and the record in Contact Share is missing.
Re-Calculate Account Sharing setting and Contact Sharing setting.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.