Lightning Sync - Updates made to events in Salesforce do not sync to Outlook or Gmail inconsistently
Last updated Yesterday ·Reference W-6590725 ·Reported By 31 users
Sometime when the user creates an event in Salesforce with/without attendees while conflict settings is set to "Exchange always Wins", the event syncs with Exchange for the first time, however, on updating the same event in Salesforce, "Exchange always wins" conflict resolution might override changes made in Salesforce and the event does not get updated in Exchange/Outlook. Also, it may revert the updated details to the originally created information (information which was entered while creating the event record) or it simply keeps the updates in Salesforce but do not sync the updates in counter-part system (Outlook/Gmail).
Root Cause: "Exchange always wins" conflict resolution or invite acceptance in Exchange might override changes made in Salesforce.
1) Make sure conflict behaviour for the Events is set to "Exchange always Wins"
2) The user creates an event in Salesforce with/without attendees.
3) Confirm that attendees got the event invite and accept it.
4) Check in Salesforce org that Green checkmark is enabled in event record (in Salesforce) next to the attendees.
5) Now change event Subject or Start/End dates or any other syncing fields values in Salesforce, and save the record.
6) Wait for some time and you will see that the Event update does not sync with the Exchange/Outlook and the updated content will also be reverted to the original (information which was entered while creating the event record). It could also inconsistently retain the updates in Salesforce but do not sync the updated field values in counter-part system (Outlook/Gmail).
7) Wait for sometime and update the event one more time, and notice that the updates are synced this time.
NOTE: This behaviour is very inconsistent in nature and occur due to "Exchange always wins" conflict resolution.
As a workaround, use Outlook/Gmail calendar to make updates to meetings instead of updating them in Salesforce OR make an attempt to update the meeting for 2nd/3rd time in Salesforce to ensure updates are synced.
Reported By (31)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.