Getting an error that you don't have permission to install a package, and you have the correct permissions
Last updated 7 days ago ·Reference W-7166455 ·Reported By 52 users
When attempting to install a solution from the AppExchange, some users may be presented with a message that you need a Salesforce account with Admin permissions in order to install even though you do have the correct permissions.
1. From a listing on appexchange.salesforce.com (http://appexchange.salesforce.com/)
2. Click Get it Now
3. Login with your Salesforce account credentials
4. Confirm you have "Download AppExchange Packages" system permission on the account
5. You are presented with a message “You need a Salesforce account. Login to AppExchange with your Salesforce credentials and install the package in your org. Only Admins can install products from appExchange, so ask your admin if you need help.”
Once you have confirmed that you have "Download AppExchange Packages" system permission on the account,
Open a new incognito window, and close any other incognito windows with a Salesforce instance
1. Login to directly to your org
2. Go to the App Launcher, and click Visit AppExchange in the upper right corner
3. Search for the listing, and Click get it now
4. Login to AppExchange using your Salesforce production credentials
5. Choose where you want to install, production or sandbox
6. Complete the installation
If you are still having issues, contact Trailhead Support (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/help?support=home) and select Trailhead/Certification Account.
Reported By (52)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.