Cannot add mobile subscription through UI when system locale not in US format ie. 'mm/dd/yyyy'
Last updated 2021-09-29 ·Reference W-6862946 ·Reported By 2 users
When we attempt to add Mobile subscription through UI from any operating system which has 'system locale' set to anything other than US format i.e 'mm/dd/yyyy', we get the below error "An error occurred attempting to save the mobile subscription. Contact Global support for additional assistance regarding this error". The reason for this is that the code used to generate the date uses toLocaleString, which in some cases will use the system locale date formatting as default. The route itself expect US date formatting.
1. Open control panel, and click "Change time, date, or number formats"
2. Select a format that is NOT 'mm/dd/yyyy'
3. Open MobileConnect, and choose Manage Contacts (or, just open Contact Builder)
4. Select a user, and go to the "Membership" tab for their Mobile
5. Attempt to subscribe the user to a code and keyword
1. Change the operating system 'system locale' to US format i.e 'mm/dd/yyyy'
2. Use 'Import' option to update the subscriptions.
3. Use REST API route to update the subscriptions.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.