Lightning report builder is blank when editing a report with "Picklist value does not exist" error message
Last updated 2021-05-26 ·Reference W-5555624 ·Reported By 58 users
When a report filter on a picklist field contains just one value and that value is subsequently renamed or deleted, users will receive a "Picklist value does not exist" error dialog when editing the report in the Lightning report builder. After dismissing the error message, the Fields, Outline/Filters, and preview panels will be blank and the report cannot be edited.
1. Create a picklist field and add one or more values.
2. Create a new report on your new field's object.
3. Add a filter for the picklist field with just one value.
4. Save the report.
5. Delete or rename the value from step 3.
6. From the report list in the Reports tab, edit the report and then dismiss the dialog.
7. The Fields, Outline/Filters, and Preview panels will be blank, preventing the report from being edited.
If the filter is unlocked, then it can be edited from the report's run page and the report can then be saved. Otherwise, users will have to edit the report in the Classic builder.
Reported By (58)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.