LEX related list link for external lookup field leads to "We couldn't find the record" error
Last updated 2019-10-12 ·Reference W-5349335 ·Reported By 5 users
The related list link for an external lookup field in LEX points to a local object /lightning/r/0056F000006azahQAA/view which returns an error:
Looks like there's a problem.
Unfortunately, there was a problem. Please try again. If the problem continues, get in touch with your administrator with the error ID shown here and any other related details. We couldn't find the record you're trying to access. It may have been deleted by another user, or there may have been a system error. Ask your administrator for help
1. Create an external data source of Salesforce Connect: Cross-Org type.
2. Sync Account, Contact and User.
3. Change the field type of 'Account ID' and 'Created By ID' fields of the Contact external object to External Lookup Relationship relating to Account and User respectively.
4. Open a page layout of the Account external object and make the Created By Id filed in the Contacts related list displayed.
5. Switch to Lightning if you haven't done.
6. Open an external Account. e.g. http://dev.lightning.localhost.soma.force.com:6109/lightning/r/Account__x/x0010000007o98MAAQ/view?0.source=alohaHeader
7. Go to the RELATED tab.
8. Note that hyperlinks for the 'CREATED BY ID' column are for local users. e.g. http://dev.lightning.localhost.soma.force.com:6109/lightning/r/00510000000cnueAAA/view?0.source=alohaHeader
9. Click on the links. You'll see the error.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.