JBInt Activities allowing activation of journey when event mapping doesn't reference currently active event
Last updated 2020-06-15 ·Reference W-5354867 ·Reported By 4 users
Fixed in version Marketing Cloud Release May 2020
If a Journey uses a Data Extension Entry Source and is configured with a Salesforce Activity with mapping to Journey Data, replacing the entry event does not update the activity mapping. No error is generated to indicate that the activity is still referencing an entry event other than the one associated to the current version of the journey, which allows contacts to pass through the activity with no actions taken.
1. Navigate to Journey Builder
2. Create a new journey from scratch
3. Drag DE entry to the canvas and configure the entry event using a DE with SubscriberKey
4. Drag a SF Contact activity to the canvas and configure it as Find/Update so that it maps Entry Data > SubscriberKey to ContactID
5. Give the journey a name and save it
6. Check the serialized object for the activity on the DB to see the reference to the entry event (interactionstudio.activity)
7. Delete the entry event
8. Drag a new DE entry event to the canvas and configure it.
9. Save the journey and check the DB again to see the activity is still referencing the old entry event.
10. Activate the journey
Delete and recreate any activities which are mapped to Journey Data.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.