Integrated Email sends including an apostrophe in the subject line will fail after 12 hours when sent from the Salesforce Side of the MC Connector
Last updated 2021-02-03 ·Reference W-3688852 ·Reported By 20 users
When using the Marketing Cloud Connect managed package to send an email out of Salesforce, you may encounter an issue where apostrophes in a Content Builder Email Subject line are updated during the email send steps to a backslash ( \ ). The Email sends including an apostrophe in the subject line will also fail after 12 hours when sent from the Salesforce Side of the MC Connector
1. Create a Content Builder email in the Marketing Cloud with a subject that contains the apostrophe or backslash character
2. In Marketing Cloud Connect Single/Mass Email Send page, select the MC email with the special characters
3. Select a recipient or exclusion audience.
4. After selecting this, you'll see the subject line has replaced the special characters with a backslash \
5. After 12 hours the email will move to a failed state.
Access the email directly in the Marketing Cloud and perform a Salesforce Send to the affected email.
Reported By (20)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.