External oData object - cannot assign empty value from the entity edit page
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-2766700 ·Reported By 1 users
Cannot assign empty/null values from the entity edit page specific to external oData objects.
1) Create external Data source as follows:
Modify the URL to have editable External Data objects. For example: http://services.odata.org/V4/OData/(S(se2oi55bjuqrzwgig2jl3zsb))/OData.svc/
2) Open developer console.
3) Control + Shift + O to open the resources. Select Categories__x.obj
4) Choose any field with string as data type. For example: SELECT Id, Name__c, ID__c FROM Categories__x
5) Execute the query.
Test 1 (Dev console):
1) Edit the value for Name__c to "Test". Click on "Refresh grid" button and notice the value "Test" in the Name__c
2) Edit the value for Name__c to blank. Click on "Refresh grid" button and notice the value is Blank in the Name__c
Test 2 (by "Edit Page" button from developer console/standard UI record page):
Select the row & hit "Edit Page" button.
1) Modify the value of Name__c to "test123" and hit save. Navigate to the previous page & refresh. Notice the value "test123" in the field.
2) Modify the value of Name__c to Blank and hit save. Navigate to the previous page & refresh. Notice the value "test123" in the field. The blank value does not get reflected.
External object record string field value does not reflect the newly updated NULL values after saving using "Edit page".
External object record string field value should hold the NULL after saving the record using "Edit page" from dev console.
Update the record field value after getting the SOQL query results using Developer console.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.