Setting Field Level Security to not visible for a profile for an Amount field leads to error selecting a list view and Kanban
Last updated 2017-04-14 ·Reference W-3141591 ·Reported By 9 users
When changing the Field Level Security on an Amount field on any object (Leads, Accounts, Opportunities) to not visible for a certain profile - selecting a list view and then Kanban for that object will result in an error along the lines of:
Unfortunately, there was a problem. Please try again. If the problem continues, get in touch with your administrator with the error ID shown here and any other related details. Error ID: (2041446394)
As one example:
1. Login as the admin user
2. Go to Setup -> Customize -> Lead -> Fields
3. Click on the field name Annual Revenue (an amount field)
4. In the detail page, click button: Set Field-Level-Security
5. Change Annual Revenue for Standard User to "not visible"
6. Switch to Lightning with the Standard User
7. Go to the Leads page
8. Change Recently Viewed to All Open Leads
9. Select Kanban if using Opportunities, otherwise this can happen simply after selecting a list view for other objects.
Expected Results: List view loads/updated with appropriate changes.
Actual: Error Presented : Unfortunately, there was a problem. Please try again. If the problem continues, get in touch with your administrator with the error ID shown here and any other related details. (2041446394)
Use Aloha Classic until resolved or do not change Field Level Security for affected profiles.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.