Knowledge One Widget and Knowledge Search are not refreshing correctly during search
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-3028880 ·Reported By 5 users
Article search doesn't work consistently. Searching for a specific term doesn't always show the expected results.
The issue can be reproduced in one org: you just need to have two browsers (or 1 normal & 1 incognito window) one connected to the Knowledge tab, and the other logged into the Service Console, with the Knowledge One sidebar configured in Case's layout.
1. Setup Knowledge in an org;
2. Setup Service Console in the org
3. Setup user with both above user perms
4. Enable Sample Console
5. Enable: Suggest articles for cases considering case content
6. Setup Knowledge One sidebar (Setup| Case| Page Layout| Custom Console Components| Subtab components, Knowledge sidebar)
- Login as a knowledge user
- Go to the knowledge tab and have a search keyword ready to enter
- Login as the same user (or a different user; it doesn't matter, but a service cloud user)
- Go to "Sample Console"
- Create and bring up a Case
- You should see the case list with 1 case.
- Open the browser developer tools on both, go to Network Tool
- Have both windows at as close proximity as possible and perform the next 2 steps asap
- Click on the Case in the list in the 2nd window.
- As fast as you can, go to the 1st window and keep pressing enter on the search keyword to perform multiple searches.
Result: if you got the timings correct, in one of the Article list responses, you should see the uniqueStr of the 2nd window in one of the responses to window 1.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.