Converting source for Joined Report drops XML namespace, resulting in an XML syntax error on push
Last updated 2018-04-02 ·Reference W-4498524 ·Reported By 4 users
Converting the source for projects containing Joined Reports seems to drop the XML namespace within reports with joinTables, resulting in the error
"Error parsing file: The prefix "xsi" for attribute "xsi:nil" associated with an element type "blockId" is not bound"
1. Create a Joined Report in Salesforce
2. Update package manifest to include new report
3. Retrieve source package manifest, e.g.
sfdx force:mdapi:retrieve -u xsi -r src/package.xml
4. Ensure unpackaged.zip in source directory includes new Joined Report
5. Copy Joined Report back into local src repository to get ride of unpackaged.zip
6. Convert repository to SFDX folder structure, e.g.
sfdx force:mdapi:convert -r src/
7. Notice that XML namespace is dropped in converted report (within the header)
8. Attempt to push, with loglevel error, e.g.
sfdx force:source:push -f --loglevel error
9. See error "The prefix "xsi" for attribute "xsi:nil" associated with an element type "blockId" is not bound"
Manually deploy report to org without converting
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.