Dependent Picklist value does not follow the field dependency setting in Aloha Inline Edit Mode
Last updated 2018-01-06 ·Reference W-4406626 ·Reported By 7 users
- Inline editing a specific dependent picklist for a record is showing more values than configured.
Use the [Edit] button, It works fine. but [inline edit], It does not follow the setting of Field Dependencies
This happens when the Dependent Picklist is set [Change Status Action Fields] for the Case and, the amount of Picklist values is necessary to reproduce issues.
1. Create clean org
2. Create dependant picklist fields under an object. Example - Cases
3. Set [Field-Level Security] of the created fields for Read/Edit.
If necessary(Setup-> Manage Users-> Profiles-> your profile-> Field-Level Security-> Case)
4. Add the3 fields created in Case Page Layouts
(Setup-> Customize-> Cases-> Page Layouts-> Case Layout-> [Edit])
5. Add 3 fields to [Change Status Action Fields] in Case Page Layout
(Setup-> Customize-> Cases-> Page Layouts-> Case Layout-> [Edit]-> Click [Feed View]-> Change Status Action Fields)
6. Create test Case record using the values from the dependant picklist fields.
7. Use the [Edit] button and check the fields for picklist values.
It works fine but, attempt to inline edit the same picklist fields.
-Remove the fields from [Change Status Action Fields]
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.