System admin needs managed package license assigned to query FieldPermissions/FieldDefinition on a managed custom object
Last updated 2018-02-10 ·Reference W-4394917 ·Reported By 3 users
A user with system administrator profile needs managed package license assigned in order to query for field permissions/field definition on an custom object installed by a managed package. Package license is also needed to edit ObjectPermissions table.
However, object permissions and setup entity access are queryable with or without the managed package license assigned.
1) In a subscriber org, as a user with system admin profile, install a managed package with a custom object, and assign limited package license to this subscriber in LMO.
2) Assign the admin user the managed package license
3) Run a soql query on FieldPermissions and FieldDefinition table on the managed custom object, notice that rows are returned.
4) Un-assign the admin user the managed package license
5) Now, run same soql query and notice that no rows are returned.
6) Try same process on ObjectPermissions Table, and notice package license is needed to update it.
Manage field and object permissions via UI.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.