Community User gets an error when navigating to detail page for custom object record when the page layout doesn't have an owner field
Last updated 2018-02-10 ·Reference W-4299038 ·Reported By 3 users
Community User may see the following error when navigating to the record detail page of a custom object in a Lightning based community (e.g. Napili):
"Looks like there's a problem.
We couldn't find the record you're trying to access. It may have been deleted by another user, or there may have been a system error. Ask your administrator for help. "
1. Create a custom object with a tab
2. Set the OWD for the object to Public Read/Write
3. Add a tab for the object within a Napili community (or other lightning based community)
4. Create a record using the custom object
5. Remove the Owner field from the object's page layout
7. Login as a Community User
8. Navigate to the record's detail page
- Community User gets an error.
- Community User is able to view the record.
As a workaround you can add the Owner field to the page layout.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.