Einstein Analytics - Datasets created via dataflow in Templated App-only orgs "disappear" into the non-visible Shared App
Last updated 2021-04-06 ·Reference W-4279926 ·Reported By 4 users
When creating a dataset via an sfdcRegister node in the dataflow, the default behavior is to store the dataset in the Shared App. If the Shared App does not exist, the dataset will instead be stored in the Private App of the user running the dataflow.
For organizations that only have templated apps (such as Sales Analytics) and not the full Einstein Analytics platform, the Shared App exists but is not visible. This results in newly-created datasets being inaccessible if they are created via sfdcRegister nodes.
(In an organization that only has Sales Analytics)
1) Create an sfdcRegister node in the dataflow (and any needed source nodes such as sfdcDigest)
2) Run the dataflow
3) The dataset will be created but cannot be accessed in the UI because the Shared App is not visible
1. Use the Dataset Creator (Create | Dataset | Salesforce) to generate a dummy dataset. The objects and fields included do not matter.
2. In the "Create Dataset" screen, specify the name and location you wish to use for your real dataset.
3. Click "Create".
4. Locate the new nodes generated by the Dataset Creator in your dataflow.
5. Copy the "alias" parameter from the Dataset Creator sfdcRegister node.
6. Remove the nodes related to the dummy dataset from the dataflow definition.
7. Create the nodes for your real dataset.
8. Use the "alias" parameter from step 5 in your sfdcRegister node.
9. Run the dataflow. Your new dataset should be in the correct location.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.