Journey Builder Decision Splits in Core Accounts always evaluate preference as TRUE
Last updated 2020-09-04 ·Reference W-4192763 ·Reported By 5 users
Within Core Accounts using preference attributes set in Email Demographics in Journey Builder decision splits will always evaluate a contact down the "true" decision path.
(1) Create, or use an existing, preference in a Core account. Preference should have default = "yes" (true).
(2) Create a subscriber where the preference is set to "false" (opposite of the default).
(3) Create a data extension with at least two contacts, ensuring that one of them is the subscriber from step 2.
(4) Create a journey with above data extension as entry source.
(5) Add a decision split to Email Demographics > [Name of Preference]. It will not matter if the top path is "true" or "false." Other activities irrelevant.
(5) Entry settings should not be important. Set these and Activate.
Both contacts, even the subscriber whose preference is set to "false," will go down the "true" path of the decision split, regardless of whether the decision split's top path was set to "true" or "false".
One contact should go down the "false" path based on above tests, one down the "true".
Set the default for the preference to "false" or use a data extension connected to Contact model to record preferences.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.