Field label or field text get truncated across different objects in the Compact Layout (Lightning and Edge or IE browser)
Last updated 2018-02-10 ·Reference W-4103783 ·Reported By 5 users
When using Edge or IE and the Lightning UI, some field labels and field text get cut off and don't show the full label or full text in the Compact Layout on Record detail pages.
1. Create a custom text field named "SSN" in Contact.
2. Add the SSN field to the Compact Layout. Order it in the middle position
3. Using the Microsoft Edge browser in LEX, open a Contact record.
4. Notice the SSN field label may be truncated. If not, try to zoom in then zoom out with Ctrl + Mouse scrolling.
Note: the issue may not be consistently reproducible in 100%, it depends on the calculated width number.
1. Create or Edit a Custom object Compact Layout to have only the object Name and the Created By Fields displayed, in that order
2. Observe that the last two characters (AM/PM) are cut off in IE11 when loading the page.
1. Use a supported browser other than Microsoft Edge or IE11
2. Zoom in or out by one or two steps so that the field name displays fully (this applies to the field label issue)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.