Email related to Email2Case cases are marked as "Read" after the case record is edited and saved
Last updated 2021-03-19 ·Reference W-4069473 ·Reported By 17 users
All unread emails related to a case created by way of email to case will be marked as "Read" after editing and saving the case record.
This is happening when there is workflow (Process, Auto-Response, Assignment Rule, Apex, etc) related to the case object. The workflow does not need to be active for this to happen.
1. Send an email to the email to case address.
2. Open the Case and notice the email in the email related list has the "New" status
3. Reload the page and the email will still be marked "New"
4. Edit and save the case (You do not need to make any modifications)
Result: Email in the related list is still marked as "New"
5. Create an Auto-Response Rule (it doesn't have to be active) or other case workflow
6. Edit and save the case
Result: Email in the related list are now marked as "Read"
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.