Setting up a workflow and field update on Service Contract will force root service contract id to be set to null on insert
Last updated 2018-01-06 ·Reference W-4047936 ·Reported By 2 users
The root service contract ID will be set to Null when a workflow rule with a field update fires on a Service Contract record.
1. Add root service contract field to service contract page layout.
2. Create workflow for the service contract entity.
3. Add a workflow filter criteria that will always evaluate to true when a service contract is created. (e.g. Service Contract Name != zzzzzz)
4. Add a new field update to this workflow.
5. Activate the workflow.
6. Create a Service Contract. Ensure the field set up for field update correctly has its value set.
Deactivate the workflow rule and use another automation solution such as a Process.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.