Process fails if it attempts to update a single record more than 12 times in a single transaction
Last updated 2020-11-09 ·Reference W-4032030 ·Reported By 42 users
When update more than 40 records in the single transaction and the update is failing because of process builder on the custom object. Process builder throws the below error
"ERROR: The record couldn't be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 3016A000000UAZr. Flow error messages: <b>An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow</b><br>An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information. Contact your administrator for help."
1. Create a custom object called Credit Package that has a custom field of type checkbox called "Review in Progress"
2. Create a custom object called Loan that has a custom field of type lookup that points to the Credit Package custom object
3. Now create a process that updates when a Loan is changed or added.
4. Add an Update Records action whose record is the Loan's parent or Credit Package, has no criteria and sets the Credit Package's "Review in Progress" field to true.
5. Activate the process
6. Create an instance of Credit Package
7. Using workbench, create more than 12 Loans using a csv file where each Loan's parent is set to the Credit Package created in step 6
Reduce the number of records update in single transaction and try to avoid the same record multiple updates in single transaction.
Reported By (42)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.