Summer'17- Empty Record Types are not returning available picklist values in DescribeLayouts
Last updated 2017-10-14 ·Reference W-3976641 ·Reported By 14 users
desribeLayout() call shows up different results for record types with no selected picklist values with Summer '17 release.
1. Create a custom picklist field, "summerPick" on Account object with default input values as P1,P2,P3.
2. Create a record type on Account object.
3. In the record type, edit the picklist "summerPick" to remove all the selected values and save it.
4. Using Soap UI, perform a decribeLayout() call on Account object for record type we have created above.
5. In the response for Summer'17 you will not see <picklistValues> being returned.
Perform the same steps 1-5 in Spring'17 org and you will notice all the <picklistValues>
DescribeSObject() can be used to get all the values in the field.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.