UserProvisioningRequest record does not get created on updating a user record
Last updated 2017-10-14 ·Reference W-3377499 ·Reported By 3 users
If user provisioning is enabled for a connected app (see https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=connected_app_user_provisioning.htm&language=en_US&type=0), and tracks when a user is created, activated, deactivated, or when some fields are updated, UserProvisioningRequest (UPR) records get correctly created when for instance a given user is deactivated, but not when the tracked User fields are updated, despite the User record having a permission set that gives him access to the mentioned connected app.
NOTE: This issue may affect a subset of orgs only.
1) Create a connected app and enable user provisioning.
2) Make sure it tracks when user is created, activated, deactivated, or when FederationIdentifier or Username are updated.
3) Create a before insert trigger on UserProvisioningRequest (UPR)
4) Create a permission set that provides access to this connected app
5) Create new user
6) Assign the permission set to the user
7) Deactivate the user and check that the trigger on UPR was executed (use the Developer Console to confirm)
8) Change the user's username
9) Notice this time the trigger on UPR is not invoked.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.