Updating Custom or Adding New Components in Community Builder and publishing requires second refresh to load the updated Site
Last updated 2017-09-08 ·Reference W-3723192 ·Reported By 6 users
This behavior is seen in two different ways:
First, admin adds a new component to a Community Builder page and then publishes. A user accesses the newly updated page after publish and the newly added component is not present. The user needs to perform a second refresh in order for the updated page to load.
Second, developer updates a Lightning Component using the Developer Console that is present on a page in the Community. After the component is changed and saved, it requires two refreshes to load the updated component.
1. Using a private browser window log into the community as a community user (any license type).
2. While logged into the org as the admin access the community builder.
3. Add a standard component to the home page such as the Feed Component.
4. Once the component has been added and configured, publish the component.
5. Wait for the publish completed confirmation email, then switch to the private browser window.
6. Refresh the window where the page should be updated, the Feed Component will not be present on the page.
7. Now refresh the page again and the component will display.
These steps are true for updating a custom component via the Developer Console, however, you do not need to republish.
From Setup go To Session Settings under Security Controls and disable "Enable secure and persistent browser caching to improve performance".
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.