Lightning Experience: API Names for Fields display on Validation errors for Opportunity Stage/Sales Path Validations
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-3176802 ·Reported By 7 users
For custom fields, API names (customFieldName__c ) are displayed on Opportunity Stage/Sales Path Validation rules in Lightning.
The actual Field Label name should display
1. Quick Find > Opportunies -> Fields -> Create a custom field and add it to the page layout
2. Quick Find > Opportunies -> Create a Opportunity Validation Rule for the custom field associated with Stage
ISPICKVAL( StageName , "Closed Lost") ,
ISBLANK( customField__c )
3. Switch to Lightning Experience and open an Opportunity record.
4. Update Stage on Path. i.e. Set Stage to "Closed Lost".
5. You should see custom field API name is shown at the top of the screen rather than the Field Label.
Cosmetic issue - no workaround until this is fixed.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.