Salesforce For Outlook - Sync fails with sync engine error:System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: id Length is not of valid length Parameter name: id
Last updated 2017-04-14 ·Reference W-2924318 ·Reported By 3 users
Task sync failed with sync engine error thrown:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: id Length is not of valid length Parameter name: id.
Trace log contains the following
2016-01-11 07:53:39,800 [SyncThread] ERROR general Sync Engine Error
Sfdc.Synchronization.SyncEngineException: *********** Sync engine encountered an unexpected error that terminated synchronization. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: id Length is not of valid length
Parameter name: id
1. Create a Task in Outlook
2. Categorize as "Sync with Salesforce" (sync option is set to sync only items I select)
3. Sync with SFO
4. Task will sync with Salesforce
5. Go to Salesforce and locate the Task
6. Complete the task by clicking the "x" button beside theTask name
7. On the Completion page, fill out the required fields
8. Hit save to successfully complete a task
9. Sync it again with SFO and error pops up
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.