Cannot upload files using Files related list on detail pages
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-2905460 ·Reported By 2 users
Some customers may notice that they cannot upload files using the Files related list on record detail pages.
1. Login to Salesforce
2. Switch a custom app using the Force.com App Menu
3. Navigate to a Quote record detail page
You'll notice that that Files related list contains two buttons: Choose Files & Upload Files
Selecting either one will open a file browser window, but after selecting a file you'll notice that it doesn't get uploaded.
As a workaround you can enable Feed Tracking on the object:
1. Login as a System Admin
2. Go to Setup
3. Select Customize | Chatter | Feed Tracking
4. Select the object the Files related list isn't working for
5. Check the box to "Enable Feed Tracking"
6. Save the changes
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.