Community Builder homepage loads without login when the Home Page Tabs Component is not present (Napili Template)
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-2995859 ·Reported By 3 users
A Community Homepage loads without login when using a Community Builder Template such as Napili. This occurs regardless if the "Allow Access without Login" setting is enabled in Community Management.
1. Setup a Community using the Community Builder Template Napili Template.
2. After activation navigate to the Community Manager and access Preferences under Administration.
3. Ensure that "Allow Access without Login" is unchecked.
4. Access Community Builder and remove the Home Page Tabs Component and publish the Community.
5. Access the Community URL and the Homepage will partially load instead of loading the Login page.
Adding the Home Page Tabs Component back to the Homepage in the Community Builder.
UPDATE: This has been established as behavior that is working as designed. As a workaround you will need to still include the Featured Topics & Feeds Component (previously called Home Tab Component). If you wish to not display content in this component you can edit its values by selecting it on the active page and then removing the configurable values on the right.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.