The latest Subflow is run instead of the active Subflow
Last updated 5 days ago ·Reference W-5844324 ·Reported By 273 users
The latest Subflow runs instead of the active Subflow.
- According to the documentation (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=flow_ref_elements_subflow.htm&type=5), while running a parent flow, it picks up the active version of the subflow attached to it. If no active version exsits for the subflow, then it executes the latest version of the subflow.
Quoted: "At run time, the flow calls the active version of each referenced flow by default. If a referenced flow has no active version, the flow calls the latest version of the referenced flow. To run only the latest version of each referenced flow, either:
In Flow Builder, click Debug. Select Run the latest version of each flow called by subflow elements, and click Run.
Append the URL for the master flow with ?latestSub=true."
1. Login to an org.
2. Create Flow from 'Flows' (From 'Home'->'Quick Find'-> search for 'Flows') named HelloWorld.
3. Drop a 'Screen' in the flow ('Toolbox'->'Elements'->'User Interface').
4. Edit the flow (named HelloWorld) 5 times with some modification on the flow's screen.
Open flow HelloWorld - V4 and verify that the Display Text component is "Subflow Version 4".
Open flow HelloWorld - V5 and verify that the Display Text component is "Subflow Version 5".
5. Activate the flow with version 4, Flow Label HelloWorld - V4.
6. Create another flow from 'Flows' (From 'Home'->'Quick Find'-> search for 'Flows') named ParentFlow with subflow component as "HelloWorld - V4", which is the active version.
7. Run the master flow (ParentFlow)
Actual Result: Display Test shows "Subflow Version 5"
Expected Result: Display Test shows "Subflow Version 4"
Save the version you want to be active as the latest version
Reported By (273)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.