"Individual" Object Report - "java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException"
Last updated 2021-04-06 ·Reference W-5830628 ·Reported By 13 users
Run report against Individual object with a filter containing a field marked as external id and it will throw an error:
This also occurs on standard field indexes such as "Owner: Full Name" standard lookup to the user object and "Name" (Full name on reports). This impacts Custom Report Types only as utilizing standard individual reports are not affected but affects multi-object reports with relations to Individual when using any indexed field from Individual (custom, standard or externalId).
1. Login to the local Org.
2. Enable "Data Protection and Privacy" from Setup to create Individual Object.
3. Open Individual object in Object Manager.
4. Create any 2 custom fields like "email" and "mytextField".
Mark it as External Id.
5. Create a Custom Report Type on this "Individual" object.
6. Go to reports tab and create a report of this newly created report type.
7. Select time range to All and put those 2 custom fields as columns to show up on the report.
9. Add a filter on report on any of the 2 custom field like filter email startwith "test" (can be any filter on custom field).
10. Run Report
The error has been confirmed to be related to standard and custom fields that are indexed
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.