Delay opening Profiles in setup in orgs with a large amount of custom metadata (custom objects/fields/permissions/classes etc...)
Last updated 2021-04-08 ·Reference W-5745004 ·Reported By 13 users
When opening a profile in an org with a large amount of custom metadata, users may experience delays and/or timeouts. This occurs due to dependency checks running against the large number of custom objects/fields/permissions/classes etc... when the profile is loaded. For example if there are 1000+ apex classes listed under Apex Class Access for a profile this will cause a delay in loading.
1. Login into a salesforce org with a large amount of custom metadata.
2. From setup open a profile
1. Use the Enhanced Profile User Interface. This profile UI provides better load performance compared to the Standard Profile User Interface.
2. Reduce the amount of custom metadata in the org by deleting unused objects/fields/permissions/classes etc... Uninstalling large managed packages from the AppExchange can also help to reduce the amount of custom metadata and improve load performance.
3. If updates are required to the profile, this can be done through the API. No delays are seen when accessing through the API.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.