Decision Split cannot be configured to correct UI error if Journey is saved before configuring schedule automation
Last updated 21 days ago ·Reference W-5700259 ·Reported By 8 users
Fixed in version Marketing Cloud Release October 2020
When Journey using Data Extension entry source is saved without configuring a schedule, Decision Split activities in the Journey cannot be configured after schedule automation is added.
The error "Entry Event Modified. Update the highlighted items to include new Entry Event data." shows on the UI after scheduled automation is configured, highlighting Decision Split previously configured with filter on Journey Data.
1. In Automation Studio, create a query activity with target data extension as the data extension that will be selected as the Journey entry source. Add this query activity to an Automation.
2. In Journey Builder, create a Journey from scratch, drag Data Extension from Entry Sources and select the data extension from step 1 as the entry source.
3. Add a decision split activity to canvas and set a decision split criteria using a journey data attribute (i.e. a field from the Journey entry source data extension).
4. Save the journey without configuring a schedule for the Journey.
5. Go back to the Journey Dashboard, navigating away from the Journey canvas. Then select the journey from the dashboard and re-enter the Journey canvas.
6. Now configure the Schedule. Under 'Select Schedule Type', select Automation and choose the existing automation that interacts with the entry data extension.
7. Finish configuring the Schedule e.g. select "Evaluates new records only" and "All records in the file".
8. Save the Journey again.
The UI error "Entry Event Modified. Update the highlighted items to include new Entry Event data." will show highlighting the Decision Split activity in red.
Reconfiguring the Decision Split or delete and adding a new Decision Split does not fix the issue. UI error shows again after Journey is saved.
To correct the UI error and correctly configure the Decision Split activity using Journey Data, the existing entry source needs to be deleted from the Journey canvas and added again from scratch.
Data Extension entry source and schedule both need to be configured before saving the Journey.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.