Smart Capture block does not present an error or redirect the page for unsubscribed subscribers
Last updated 2020-06-25 ·Reference W-5123157 ·Reported By 1 users
If you have a Smart Capture block in a Content Builder based Cloud Page that targets a subscriber list, unsubscribed subscribers cannot be added to the list. This is intended functionality, however we do not present an error to the subscriber when this occurs. We also do not redirect the page so it appears the submit button does not work.
1. Create a list named 'unsub test'
2. Add a subscriber to the list.
3. Unsubscribe the subscriber. This will be the subscriber you use to generate an error. Save the subscriber details.
4. Create a new content builder landing page.
5. Add a smart capture block to the page.
6. Configure the block to use 'unsub test' list as a data source.
7. Add a few fields to the form and save.
8. Publish the landing page.
9. Navigate to the landing page.
11. Fill in subscriber details and submit the form.
12. Note nothing happens and you are not redirected
Note: If you open Developer tools > Network you can see the POST call fail.
Use legacy content to create the smart capture form which will return an error to the end user.
Reported By (1)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.