Pending/Scheduled sends reflect De-duplicate By Email status from send definition instead of the job level status
Last updated 2020-10-19 ·Reference W-4979706 ·Reported By 1 users
When updating an User-Initiated Email to de-duplicate by email address, all scheduled sends in tracking related to the User-Initiated Email reflects this change. This change is also reflected in the email send definition. However at the job level De-duplicate By Email still equals 0. Once the scheduled send is executed, it sends with the status it was created with.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a User-Initiated Email using a Classic Email or Content Builder Email and select a Message.
2. Click Edit Recipients, select recipients and then save the recipients and the User-Initiated Email.
3. Schedule the User-Initiated Email.
4. Navigate to Tracking and click on the pending email to open the properties of the send. Only lists are in the Send Target section.
5. Navigate back to the User-Initiated Email and and select De-duplicate by email addres under Data Extension Audience Option after clicking Edit Recipients.
6. Return to the schedule email in Tracking, De-Duplicate by Email Address is now Yes in the Send Target section.
Cancel job and create new job.
Reported By (1)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.