Long load times and timeouts when assigning Users to a Permission Set
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-4680055 ·Reported By 3 users
For orgs with a large number of users, the operation to assign users to a Permission set may take a long time to process or might timeout.
1. Go to Setup > Manage Users (or Users in Lightning) > Permission Sets
2. Click on a Permission Set
3. Click on Manage Assignments
4. Click on Add Assignments
5. Select a User or Users and click on Assign
1. Go to Setup > Manage Users (or Users in Lightning) > Users
2. Scroll down to the "Permission Set Assignments" section and click on Edit Assignments
3. Add an available Permission Set and click on Save
Expected Results: The page should process the request within a reasonable amount of time
Actual Results: The transaction takes a long time to load or times out
1. Use an API tool such as Workbench or Dataloader to modify Permission Set assignments as such tools have a longer timeout value
2. Since this is also a caching issue, re-attempting the operation a few times should eventually succeed
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.