DATEVALUE Formula function is not displaying a lightning if the expression is a Date/Time value
Last updated 2018-01-06 ·Reference W-4028330 ·Reported By 4 users
Formula DATEVALUE is not displaying the value in lightning but does work in Classic if the expression is a Date/Time value.
Description: Returns a date value for a date/time or text expression.
Use: DATEVALUE(expression) and replace expression with a date/time or text value, merge field, or expression.
1. Go to setup and account object. (Any object will work).
2. Create a new formula field with return type "Date".
3. Use the formula DATEVALUE(text(CreatedDate)) and save the field, note that CreatedDate is a Date/Time field.
4. Go to a test record and check the display in classic UI. eg. TestFormulaDate 11/12/2017
5. Switch over to Lightning UI and check the field is displayed as a blank value.
Use a Date value instead of Date/time or switch to classic UI to view the information.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.