EmailTemplateName field is null when users query the EmailStatus table though a Contact query
Last updated 2017-10-14 ·Reference W-4026767 ·Reported By 1 users
EmailTemplateName field is null when users query the EmailStatus table though a Contact query (e.g. SELECT Id, (SELECT Id, emailTemplateName FROM EmailStatuses) FROM Contact WHERE Id = '003n000000HPNU2ABC') although the email was sent using an email template.
1. Login as a System Admin
2. Switch to Lightning UI
3. Go to the Contacts tab
4. Select a Contact with an Email Address
5. Select the Send Email action from the feed
6. Enter a Subject
7. Enter some text in the body
8. Click on the 'Insert, create or update template' button
9. Select 'Save as new template...'
10. Enter a template name then click save
11. Click Send
12. Open the developer console
13. Select the query editor tab
13. Enter the following query and change the contact id with your test Contact id:
SELECT Id, (SELECT Id, emailTemplateName FROM EmailStatuses) FROM Contact WHERE Id = '0033600000ullOnAAI'
14. Click Execute
Users sees null for the EmailTemplateName field:
Users sees a value for the EmailTemplateName field:
The issue is isolated to the Email action. As a workaround users can use the Send Email button on the Activity History related list.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.